There are 4 parts to every C-Group meeting:
1. Vision of the Church,
2. The Word,
3. Giving, and
4. Fellowship.

Vision

We have great things coming!

  1. Leadership University just launched! You still have time to join! Come to the The Way Education Center at 2:30pm on Sunday!

  2. Impartation Services are coming up! Mark your calendars for January 23, 24, 25 @7pm and 27th all day!

Ice Breaker

What is your top New Years Resolution for 2019?

Word

“Goals - The Key to Your Future (The Miracle of Goal Setting)”

Listen to this quote: “Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals and then to work toward them every day will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor” - Brian Tracy.

The key word here is Discipline. Discipline at times is more important than just a good idea, because what good is a “world changing idea” if you never take action to achieve it. Could it be that you have a “world changing idea,” but you’ve put it on a shelf to collect dust? Believe it or not, most people deal with this. As a matter of fact, only 3% of adults have written goals, and as a result they earn more than the remaining 97% put together.

Q1 - How different would the world around you be if you set goals and took action on them?

In order to achieve any goal, you must clearly define what that goal is going to be. It’s like a GPS system: without putting in the address, you are just driving with no direction or destination.

Q2 - Here is one question to answer when you are practicing goal setting: What are you most passionate about in life? Or what gives you the most fulfillment in life? Let’s go around the circle and each answer this question.

Q3 - What type of goal would be more fulfilling and why?
1. A Self-centered goal (something that only benefits you at the expense of others)
2. A Selfless goal (something that benefits others, even if that means you make a sacrifice)

PSALMS 37:4 NKJV
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Q4 - What do you think the scripture means to “delight” yourself in God?

Q5 - How different are the desires of your heart when you delight yourself in God versus when you don’t?

2 CHRONICLES 7:11 MSG
Solomon completed building The Temple of God and the royal palace—the projects he had set his heart on doing. Everything was done—success! Satisfaction!

Building the Temple was no easy task. It required massive man power, and unbelievable amounts of the finest gold, rubies, and precious diamonds. But he did it! He was successful!

Success: the attainment of a desired goal

Q6 - Put yourself in Solomon’s shoes. How satisfying would it be to complete God’s Temple? Why?

Q7 - Solomon received the instructions from God to finish the temple, and he did it! What instructions has God given you that you can celebrate and confidently say you’ve completed? (it can be anything from “I got saved" to “I joined Leadership University” to “I am leading ministry”)

Q8 - GROUP EXERCISE! Everyone grab a pen and paper and take about 5-10 minutes to write down some goals for the new year. Let’s say a quick prayer to ask the Holy Spirit to help us write down our goals. When we come back together, we will each share our top goal for 2019.

As a church, one goal we have right now is to love and care for mothers and children who are living on the streets or in abusive homes. That is why we are opening a women’s and children’s home VERY SOON! Let’s come together as a group and make an impact in their lives! Let’s sponsor the families by making a contribution towards the home. (All giving from our group this month will be used for the families in the home).

Here’s how to donate:

  1. Download The Way World Outreach App

  2. Click Give

  3. Change the fund to "Care Group Offering"

  4. Write down the group leader's name in memo line

Fellowship

Declaration Prayer:

Father, give me the vision and the discipline to set goals for this new year! I want to have a better year than last year. I believe that you have a call and a purpose for my life, and my life was not created to be wasted! Give me your desires as I take delight in you! I love you Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen!

application:

This week, carve out an hour somewhere in the week. Pray, seek God, and write down goals for the new year. Set goals in multiple areas of your life like health, ministry, relationship, finances, personal growth, education, etc.

Note for Leaders: Take prayer requests and praise reports. Keep a good record of this. Follow up on prayer requests and celebrate praise reports.

Take attendance by downloading the LEAD. App or by writing down who was here today (either on your phone or on paper) and send that information to: caregroups@twwo.org